Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice
- Part-time, 3 day per week, ongoing appointment
- Level B: $96,210 to $114,250 (plus 17% superannuation)
- Level C: $117,857 to $135,900 (plus 17% superannuation)
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the Unit: the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences offers courses, training and research opportunities in a full range of scientific and clinical disciplines, to significantly benefit the health of Australian and international communities. The Division of Pharmacy sits in the Faculty, in the School of Allied Health offering the professional entry to practice Master of Pharmacy course. The Division of Pharmacy research operates through collaborative team effort to work with patients, healthcare professionals and healthcare systems to facilitate medicines optimization through research and education.
About the opportunity: as the Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Pharmacy Practice (clinical pharmacy) you will be responsible to the Head of the Division of Pharmacy to provide academic teaching, unit coordination, and administration and will be actively involved in research and professional activities. You will also work in close collaboration with other academic staff as part of a team presenting, managing and coordinating Pharmacy units. In addition, you will develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the School’s research focus areas. This role requires you to work concurrently practice in a clinical hospital role.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- a degree in Pharmacy and post-graduate studies in a related field ( a PhD is highly desirable or preparedness to enrol in and complete a PhD);
- current practice in clinical hospital pharmacy;
- contemporary clinical pharmacy practice knowledge;
- experience in teaching and familiarity with flexible and innovative teaching methods;
- a commitment to enhancing the student experience
- a willingness to develop new and revise existing course material, including on-line material and ability to ensure teaching that is evidence based;
- an ability to relate well to staff and students, work collaboratively within the discipline and related disciplines and mentor and moderate the teaching by tutors employed on a casual basis;
- evidence of administrative involvement and service contribution within an institution and/or in the wider pharmacy community;
- demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- commitment to produce high quality research outputs; and
- time management skills and an ability to work within defined parameters and the legislative requirements of the University.
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Monday, 16 October 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.