Research Associate/Post-Doctoral Fellow/Senior Research Fellow in Medicine
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Kirby Institute is the major research body in Australia with responsibility for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of HIV/AIDS. It is also responsible for research into the clinical and epidemiological aspects of other blood borne viruses and sexually transmissible infections.
About the role
- $72,509 - $141,471 plus (9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term until 31 December 2018
- Full-time or part-time
This position will focus on the mathematical modelling of experimental data on viral dynamics of HIV during treatment and after treatment interruption to better understand HIV latency. This will involve familiarity with HIV literature and underlying biology, biostatistical analysis, and ODE and stochastic modelling.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated mathematics and computer programming skills with experience in modelling experimental health related data
- Proven experience in modelling and analysis of data, and interest in modelling in immunology and infection dynamics
- Proven evidence of publications in a related discipline in peer reviewed journals
- Post graduate degree, preferably PhD, in mathematics / physics or other quantitative discipline
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Miles Davenport, Program Head IAP
T: (61 2) 9385 2762
Applications close: 20 October 2017