Faculty Executive Director in Built Environment
- Influence and support operational excellence in higher education
- Key strategic, university-wide collaboration with colleagues and peers
- Continuing appointment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
UNSW Built Environment (UNSW BE) is one of the largest built environment faculties in Australia and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive range of degree programs. The Faculty has 130+ staff, comprising academic and professionals, plus over 400 sessional staff. The Faculty has an operating budget of approximately $22 million plus research income from national and international competitive grants.
The Faculty Executive Director is a key leadership role, and contributes to the strategic and operational management of the Faculty. This particularly includes being the conduit between the Faculty and centralised professional services team across the University such as business partners in human resources, finance, marketing and IT. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Contribute to the Faculty strategic plan, and work with the Dean and colleagues to operationalise and deliver planning requirements
- Support the Dean to communicate and implement the Faculty strategy to stakeholders
- Ensure accurate reporting and advice is provided to facilitate decision making
- Broker resources and services from central and embedded functions to ensure Faculty KPIs are achieved, including budget
- Lead change projects to improve Faculty outcomes
- In conjunction with Human Resources, build a Faculty Professional Staff people plan
- Lead and manage direct reports by ensuring KPIs, goals, feedback and career development plans are in place and outcomes achieved
Compliance and Quality Assurance
- Oversee compliance and quality assurance management
- Implement the UNSW Health and safety management system within your area of responsibility
About the successful applicant:
You are an experienced business manager with exceptional communicational skills, ideally gained in a large, complex higher education institution. Specific requirements include:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with extensive relevant experience in business administration
- In depth knowledge of key issues in the higher education sector
- Extensive experience in people leadership
- Excellent consultation, communication, and networking to achieve organisational outcomes
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and a track record in setting and managing large scale budgets
- Demonstrated experience in leading change to deliver successful outcomes
To apply: Please visit email@example.com to make your application using reference number 59662. Please note all documentation must be in pdf format.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 11:59pm, 15th October 2017
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.