5 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications has great depth in its research activities that makes it one of the largest postgraduate schools in the country and a world leader in a number of key research areas. According to latest QS World University Rankings, the school of EE&T at UNSW is placed at position 38th worldwide. Our school envisions to be the reference site for research and teaching of electrical engineering and telecommunications in Australia, and to be recognised as such internationally.
About the role
- $64K – $68K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Continuing Appointment
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
We are seeking a Technical Assistant who will be responsible for supporting the student project workshop, and for manufacturing/modifying (as needed) and repair of School laboratory equipment using both manual workshop machinery and power/hand tools to ensure the effective day to day operations of the School laboratories. The incumbent will require strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively troubleshoot problems as they arise in a timely manner. They will work closely with the Project Workshop Technical Manager, but will also be part of a broader technical team.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Fitting and Machining and/or Tool making Certificate or skills and experience deemed to be equivalent
- Experience in working with and the ability to machine a wide range of materials
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and a sound knowledge of Engineering standards
- Experience in prototyping, fabrication, precision manual machining, CNC (not essential), and the ability to safely use hand / power tools
- Experience in MIG and TIG welding or the willingness to undertake the necessary training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Mr Subash Puthanveetil
T: (+61 2) 9385 4005
School website: https://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/electrical-engineering/
Applications close: 25th September 2017