Graduate Research Officer, College Liaison
- Contribute to the operational effectiveness of the Graduate Research School
- Full time, continuing role based at our Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $63,424 to $71,423 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The La Trobe Graduate Research School (GRS) aims to support a dynamic and engaged community of researchers La Trobe producing world-class research with impact in society. The GRS contributes to an inspiring research and professional development environment by providing graduate research candidates, their supervisors and all researchers with:
- Modern, professional life-cycle candidature management and administration
- Exciting industry, community and international engagement opportunities
- World-class research education and development initiatives
- Contemporary and academically rigorous research training governance and advice
About the role
In this role you support our researchers and graduate researchers in the colleges with the administration of key academic activities, providing a point of liaison with the centrally situated teams of the Graduate Research School. As a GRS staff member you will be a central point of contact for academics and graduate researchers in the College of Arts, Social Sciences & Commerce and the College of Science, Health and Engineering. You will be responsible for carrying out essential routine academic activities, including supervisor registration and progress reporting, enquiry management, scholarship assessment and coursework enrolment. You will also advocate for and support the engagement and implementation of change programs initiated by the GRS plus:
- Provide interpretation, advice and decisions on rules and entitlements.
- Provide a point of liaison between the GRS Operations team and academic staff and students in the administration of applications for and variations to graduate research candidature
- Support graduate research scholarship assessment and ranking within the colleges
- Monitor and maintains graduate research records using the Student Information System, Graduate Research Workflow Systems and in the university’s electronic records management system to meet both internal and external requirements.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of graduate research policies, systems and procedures and understands how they relate to and impact on related areas in the college based on an understanding of relevant university policies and systems.
- Liaise, communicate and build relationships with all teams of the Graduate Research School as well as with college and other university staff to support GRS activities.
Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will have completed a degree qualification or an equivalent combination of knowledge, training and experience, but not limited to:
- Ability to solve problems through the standard application of theoretical principles and techniques at degree level.
- Demonstrated ability to provide interpretation, advice and decisions on rules and entitlements.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop excellent working relationships with, colleagues, students and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
How to Apply
Closing date: 15 October 2017
Position Enquiries: Dr Clare McCausland, Manager, Graduate Research School +61 3 9479 3892 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please address Key Selection Criteria from the attached position description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Kerryn Harbert, Recruitment Advisor +61 3 9479 1623.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no (552919) under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.