Research Officer in Psychiatry
School of Psychiatry
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Psychiatry is widely reputed as the pre-eminent psychiatric research department in the country, and one of the leading university groups internationally.
About the role
- $82,417 - $87,919 plus (9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading)
- Fixed Term (12 months)
- Full-time (35 hours per week) or Part-Time (flexible)
The appointment will be through UNSW for a clinical evaluation project looking at child and family outcomes of an early intervention programme in the context of a long-day childcare centre for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The position will be located at the ICAMHS (Infant, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service) at the Liverpool hospital, with project work based at the Kindergarden Union (KU) Marcia Burgess Autism Specific Early Learning Childcare Centre, Liverpool.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated skills in inductive and deductive data collection and analysis methods
- Proven documented research and/or clinical expertise in Autism Spectrum Disorder (including clinical/developmental assessments)
- Completion of a degree in psychology with Honours (or a related/relevant discipline) or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training or experience
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check
Professor of Infant, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, UNSW Valsamma Eapen
T: (61 2) 9385 0621
Applications close: 22 October 2017