Lecturer in Psychology
Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $94,287– $107,381 per annum + 17% Superannuation
Terms: One Continuing position and two fixed term positions (1 x 3 years, and 1 x 4 years)
- Opportunity to work with experts across a range of areas of psychology
- Opportunity to conduct impactful research and teach or supervise high calibre students and scholars
- Flexible work environment with attractive remuneration package
- Two of the positions are fixed term positions. Extensions to these may be offered on the basis of outstanding performance, alignment with School strategic objectives, and financial viability.
ANU conducts research and provides education of the highest international standard. The ANU is ranked as one of the top universities worldwide. Psychology at ANU holds the top ERA score of 5 for research (Excellence in Research for Australia 2015). The Research School of Psychology is committed to excellence in research, teaching, and supervision of research/clinical students across all areas of psychology.
Overview of positions
The Research School of Psychology at the Australian National University is seeking to appoint three Academic Level B faculty members who will be active in both teaching and research. Up to 3 full time positions may be awarded, one continuing and two fixed term (one for 4 years, and one for 3 years).
You will be joining an internationally recognised leading team of academics with a focus on achieving excellence in research and teaching. The School comprises academics working across all major areas of psychology including cognitive, clinical, health, developmental and social psychology. A full list of current academic staff and their research interests can be found at: http://psychology.anu.edu.au/. The area of research interest of eligible applicants is open, but ability to contribute to undergraduate teaching in one or more of the following areas would be particularly welcome: Social, Developmental, Cognitive/Biological, Quantitative Research Methods, Clinical/Health Psychology. Ability to contribute to the postgraduate clinical psychology program would also be welcome. Applicants will be evaluated on the excellence of their record and ability in research, teaching, and supervision (e.g., of Honours students).
The positions will contribute to the strategic goals of RSP through excellence in research, teaching, honours and postgraduate student supervision, and other professional activities. RSP offers a friendly and collaborative work environment, excellent access to research equipment and software, access to excellent quality honours and postgraduate students, and mentoring and support for junior academics to develop a successful career.
ANU offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, generous leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, a relocation allowance, generous superannuation, salary packaging arrangements including child care, and the potential to support dual-career arrangements.
For more information, please contact Professor Michael Kyrios on firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone on +61 2 6125 3974 or +61 2 6125 2796
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit http://hr.anu.edu.au/staff-equity
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A brief cover letter indicating which position you wish to be considered for, and the area/s of teaching to which you can contribute and your areas of research expertise.
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Three publications indicative of your program of research.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Applications Close: Sunday, 22 October 2017, 11:55 ADST