Associate Professor in Accounting and Governance
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
The School of Business is one of four schools at the University of New South Wales Canberra. The School offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment focusing on delivering high quality teaching in both undergraduate and post graduate programs.
The School offers courses in the core discipline areas of accounting, business law, finance, international business, management and marketing. It also offers high quality research programs at the masters and PhD level, currently supervising 66 HDR students.
About the role
- $147,523 - $162,044 plus (17% superannuation)
- Continuing Appointment
The main focus of this appointment will be to increase the School’s capacity for research, teaching and higher degree research supervision in Accounting and Governance. The Associate Professor will be expected to contribute to the School’s teaching program through leadership, course delivery and course development. The Associate Professor will also be expected to develop new teaching opportunities for the School, particularly in the area of short course delivery.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate an outstanding record of research and teaching related to Accounting and Governance.
- Demonstrate a record of effective contribution to university administration.
- Have the experience and interpersonal skills to provide academic and research leadership in areas relevant to UNSW Canberra.
- Demonstrate the ability strong linkages with researchers from other Schools within UNSW Canberra and with broader scholarly and practitioner communities.
- Possess the skills and experience to contribute significantly to the strategic vision and research performance of the School of Business.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Prof. Michael O’Donnell
Head of School – School of Business
T: (61 2) 6268 8417
Applications close: Sunday 15 October 2017