Business Development Manager in New Technology Focus
This is a re-advertised role. Previous applicants will be considered and need not re-apply.
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Newly created position within Enterprise & Innovation
- Support and enable UNSW research commercialisation goals
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity, delivering from Research Excellence, as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
The Division will significantly increase the University’s knowledge exchange revenue over the next five years through broad partnership with research organisations, industry and government and help transform Australia's economic base.
About the role
The Business Development Manager will focus on new technologies and R&D capability of UNSW researchers. This is not a corporate sales and marketing BD role. They will be responsible for using their knowledge of UNSW technologies to build relationships with external partners including industry, government and communities to generate revenue across all knowledge exchange channels. These include contract and collaborative research, consulting, continuing education, and IP commercialisation. As an expert in your sector the Business Development Manager will operate as the key person between the University and external partners and will drive complex negotiations to ensure we achieve our ambitious 2025 strategy and revenue goals. You will need to align with one or more of our target sectors including:
- Photovoltaics and Solar
- Energy including Renewables
- Digital and Cyber
- Biotech, Medtech and Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Social Enterprise
- Tertiary qualifications
- Significant relevant experience in a relevant industry sector aligned with University’s research strategy
- Outstanding track record of achievement in closing business deals including contract and collaborative research, consulting, IP licences, start ups
- Strong ability to influence senior management and stakeholders and build long lasting relationships
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use sound judgment in resolving issues as they arise
- Proactive and motivated with a demonstrated ability to generate commercially beneficial networks and channels
- Demonstrated experience developing commercial deals, partnerships and IP agreements
Your relationship and stakeholder management skills coupled with your ability to execute strategy on time and generate significant revenue will complement our team to achieve our 2025 strategy.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria) via the Apply button below. Please note all documentation must be in pdf format.
Applications Close 6 October 2017
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 02 9385 2397