Senior Business Development Manager in New Technology Focus
- Join one of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Play an integral role in supporting the University’s 2025 Strategy
- Assist us in reaching our commercialisation goals
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Enterprise has the responsibility of “Delivering from Research Excellence” and “Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress on Economic Prosperity” as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
The Division will significantly increase the University’s knowledge exchange revenue over the next five years and, through broad partnership with research organisations, industry and government, help transform Australia's economic base.
About the role
The Senior Business Development Manager will play an integral role in ensuring that the University delivers on its KPIs to support the 2025 Strategy. You will provide expert advice to the Director, Knowledge Exchange on business development strategies, related to external relationship building, enhancing industry engagement and delivering on the University’s Knowledge Exchange KPIs.
Further Key Responsibilities:
- Act as the key person between the Knowledge Exchange Business Partners, UNSW stakeholders and industry to facilitate monetary and non-monetary knowledge exchange outcomes
- Provide regular management reporting to identify achievement against KPIs, ROI on business development spend
- Manage a portfolio of high value prospects to deliver ambitious revenue targets
- Identify and develop strategies for securing new contracts and actively seek new business opportunities
- Drive the development and delivery of business development initiatives and programs that support stakeholder requirements
- Engaging in high level negotiations and ensuring the successful completion of business deals and contract discussions
- Driving and maintaining strong relationships and networks across research end-user sectors to facilitate the achievement of industry collaborations and knowledge exchange
- Providing strong leadership, coaching and mentoring to a team of professionals to optimise the stakeholder engagement within the faculties, maximise knowledge exchange outcomes and ensure the Division achieves its multi-million dollar revenue targets
- Tertiary qualifications in business and/or knowledge gained through relevant experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in business development/ stakeholder management at a senior leadership level
- Strong experience leading and motivating a team of professionals to deliver key performance indicators
- Industry knowledge of the innovation and start-ups process and its application in commercial and public sectors
- Strong presentation skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to structure and articulate messages to different audiences at all levels
- Strong ability to influence senior management and stakeholders and build long lasting relationships
- Proactive and motivated with a demonstrated ability to generate commercially beneficial and value-add networks and revenue channels
- Demonstrated experience developing commercial deals and partnerships and IP agreements
Your relationship and stakeholder management skills coupled with your ability to execute strategy on time and generate revenue will complement our team to achieve our 2025 strategy.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria).
Please note all documentation must be in PDF format.
Talent Acquisition Consultant