Information Technology Architect
- Full Time
Closing Date: Open till filled
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB210,000 to RMB260,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
- Bachelor or above in Computer Science or information technology, related discipline.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret Business and Administrative processes
- A good grasp of IT techniques and principles to liaise knowledgably with academic, professional and technical staff
- Excellent integrative thinking to draw links between multiple problems and options and develop cohesive solutions
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership
- Experience of enterprise Architecture design
- Past experience of hands development or operation/support of Technology (infrastructure, database or application)
- Experienced in Cloud Services
- Experience of Project/Programme Management
- Experience of dealing with complex and specialist technical issues
- Committed positive and proactive approach to customer care
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is essential.
- Willingness to work flexibly and to provide some out of hours support.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students, with a positive approach to customer care.
- Must be able and prepared to work under pressure
- Relevant certifications (e.g. TOGAF, PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and awareness of the culture of HEIs
- Experience of working in a large Higher Education establishment
- Experience of managing and developing corporate applications
- Experience of successfully influencing and negotiating with senior leaders and large and small suppliers
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and drive the standards, development processes, systems architecture, and design patterns to support IT and business solutions.
- Responsible for overall systems design and architecture, including new solutions and patterns.
- Develop and maintain enterprise architecture framework (EA framework).
- Collaborate with business users and stakeholders through design and implementation, including needs analysis and system requirements.
- Provide multiple technical alternatives and present to the management the best system logical architecture.
- Define and refine methodology and standards for setup, design and implementation of the application or technology to meet the needs of University strategy and IT strategic plan.
- Generate detailed system requirements with cost projections, cost benefit analysis and ROI, translate feature descriptions into detailed architectures and designs.
- Lead System development team (PMO) and supervise project manager to plan, develop, manage and deliver IT projects.
- Undertake a strategic role leading on the development and implementation of overarching application and data requirements on University-wide basis:
- Encourage foresight and planning in relation to IT infrastructure
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams including architects, infrastructure team, software engineers, developers, testers, technical leads, and deployment leads to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Communicates project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner.
- Participate in integration, business intelligence and information management planning
- Set, and Ensure Adherence to, Architecture Principles and Standards, identify existing standards and propose changes as required to meet Principles.
- Provide Training and mentoring to other IT staff
- Develop own skills and professional capability in line with the needs of the service.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here) http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org