Community Outreach Specialist
Tracking Code 9043/I2117
The primary responsibility of the community outreach specialist will be to recruit participants, collect research data and serve as a liaison to the clinical sites partnering in the multisite NIH funded research project, Integrating Interactive Parent Text Messaging and Oral Health Guidelines into Pediatric Community Health Centers to Reduce Early Childhood Caries. The outreach specialist will also work to foster positive relationships with the community and individual participants to ensure recruitment and retention targets are met, review reports to determine participants who have missed multiple study activities and develop and implement a plan to reconnect with these participants. They will also conduct home visits to locate hard to reach participants in order to administer questionnaires and assist with oral health assessments.
- Recruiting participants and fostering a strong relationship with the community partners and implementing best practices in recruitment that are tailored to each site that will maximize recruitment numbers
- Running and reviewing study reports to determine participants who have missed multiple study visits and developing and implementing plans to connect with these participants
- Administering questionnaires to collect study data. Ensuring that all data is entered into the study database accurately and that the participants electronic study record is updated
- Contacting participants who have requested to be off study or have expressed concern about the study in order to determine and document the reason for the request or concern
- Representing the Text Messaging grant research study at community events and serving as a liaison to clinical staff to foster good communication and strong partnerships
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular