Lecturer in Educational Diversity
Graduate School of Education
- 5 year contract
- Salary range: Level B $96,210– $114,250p.a. or at Level C $117,857-$135,900p.a.
- Position commencing in January 2018
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
Applications are invited for appointment as a Lecturer in Educational Diversity within the Graduate School of Education. The position will be based in Perth at the Nedlands campus, adjacent to the main Crawley campus.
The Graduate School of Education offers postgraduate teacher education courses in Secondary, Primary and Early Childhood Education, as well as research Master of Education, Doctor of Education and Doctorate of Philosophy. The position will provide leadership for the educational diversity education activities currently undertaken in the Graduate School of Education. The position is offered as high teaching.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in a relevant area.
- A teaching qualification.
- Demonstrated ability and a proven record of commitment to high quality tertiary level teaching, especially in the core area Educational Diversity education, across different teaching levels.
- Demonstrated ability to develop curriculum with appropriate learning outcomes and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to be involved in school policy development and unit/course coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and collaboratively with the relevant educational organisations in the field of Educational Diversity.
- Experience of postgraduate research student supervision.
Closing Date: By Monday 16 October 2017
Applications must be submitted online. Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria. Applicants are encouraged to submit a teaching portfolio as part of their application.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.