Business Resident - Information Technology Services
Description of Work Unit
The mission of the College of Business is to gather, develop and disseminate educational and research programs of excellence demanded by our rapidly changing, information-drive, global community. The College of Business at Colorado State University is an AACSB accredited business school which enrolls more than 4,000 undergraduate students in the Business Administration major (and its six concentrations) and the Business Administration and Real Estate Minors. This is the largest undergraduate major on campus. In addition, the College enrolls approximately 1,500 students in five different MBA programs, the Master of Accountancy, the Master of Computer Information Systems, and the MSBA in Financial Risk Management programs.
The College of Business seeks applications from individuals who have obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree from Colorado State University within the past 24 months in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Journalism and Technical Communications and are interested in the Business Residency Program. Applications will be accepted from students who provide proof of graduation on or after May 2014.
The overall goal of the Business Residents program is to produce certified graduates who are highly competitive in the job market while benefiting the College of Business by playing a critical role in implementing its business strategy. The Business Resident provides professional level duties in support of the operations of the College of Business. This Administrative Professional special appointment position reports to a director level position. Business Residents are appointed for a one-year appointment term and may be renewed for a period not to exceed three years.
Business Residents serve in a professional capacity to support key constituents such as the Dean, Associate Deans, Department Heads, departmental/area personnel representatives, and students in the College of Business. This position possesses wide-ranging professional knowledge of business, computer science, or communications. The Business Resident must demonstrate the ability to work collegially and in cooperation with the departments and units across the College and the campus community. Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
College of Business Residency classifications:
- Business Management Resident
- Budgeting and Financial Reporting and Analysis Resident
- Marketing and Communications Resident
- Career Management Employer Services Resident
- Information Technology Services Resident
- Web Developer Resident
- Human Resources Management Resident
Required Job Qualifications
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree from Colorado State University within the past 24 months.
- Degree must have been earned in Business Administration, Computer Science or Journalism and Technical Communications.
- Experience deploying Windows operating systems and applications on physical or virtual systems
- Basic computer troubleshooting skills, ability to use diagnostic processes and tools to analyze errors
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, follow-through, and attention to detail required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- ITIL certifications
- Experience with ticket and service management solutions
- Experience with SCCM
- Experience with scripting and automation tools like PowerShell and MDT
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Professional Support of Constituent Group Duty/Responsibility
Works as a member of the IT Client Services team to deploy and maintain desktop, laptop and server infrastructure supporting the daily operations of the College of Business.
Resident helps Client Services Team deploy application and security updates to continuously improve the health of computer systems.
Creates and maintains documentation of systems and processes owned by IT Client Services.
Addresses service requests and incidents from stakeholders and tracks problem records as necessary.
Works with IT Client Services Manager on change requests and proposals.
Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility, comfort with fast-paced environment
Percentage Of Time 90 Job Duty Category Collegiality and Cooperation Duty/Responsibility
Business Residents must demonstrate the ability to work collegially and in cooperation with the departments and units across the College and within the community.
- Serve as a liaison for both internal and external constituents of the College of Business IT services. Resident will interact with a variety of stakeholders, identifying incidents and service requests and responding according to Client Services Team SLA windows. Resident will troubleshoot issues with services under the management of the Client Services Team and convey cause/resolution information via ticket updates, problem records and change request proposals.
Percentage Of Time 10
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume, cover letter and contact information of three professional references. References will not be contacted without the prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Gretchen Peterson - email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Executive Director of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
More searches like this
- Permanent Business & Management Other Professional Services jobs in Fort Collins
- Permanent Computer Science Other Professional Services jobs in Fort Collins
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Professional Services jobs in Fort Collins
- Permanent Business & Economics Other Professional Services jobs in Fort Collins