Service Dispatch Technician
Description of Work Unit
This work unit exists to provide customer support services to departmental staff in order to properly maintain, renovate, improve, and construct physical facilities at Colorado State University. In addition, this work unit provides support services to University and non-University customers in order to uphld the University’s goals of academic, research and public outreach missions. These services include: Maintenance dispatching services, utility outage and closure notfications; issuance/tracking of University keys and access devices; customer relations-work request follow up, status, complaint resolution, etc.; purchasing materials for work unit; University Scheduling Office-coordination of special events, short-term rental of University facilities, non-academic uses of all campus facilities.
The Customer Services Section is the data and communication link between vendors, contractors, trades people, and the campus population.
Work performed by this position is specialized and unique to the university and Facilities Management department and requires and understanding of proper techniques, procedures an methodology to perform associated tasks with keyless entry access devices, customer service and database management.
The Service Dispatch Technician provides customer service, support and assistance to Operations Management. Position maintains data for daily work orders, ongoing projects, new projects and equipment. Position uses databases to perform different tasks for various work units Position is also responsible for keyless entry access device orders, access requests and troubleshooting access denials.
Two years of full-time, high-volume customer service experience (50+ customer contacts/interactions per day).
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Ability and willingness to learn new software programs/systems.
- High-volume customer service experience.
- Experience in a trades or maintenance environment.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of trades and/or construction terminology.
- Ability to learn, follow, and communicate Facilities Management protocol, processes, and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience tracking information and work orders.
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines and priorities.
- Verbal communication and active listening skills necessary to provide superior customer service.
- Ability to work with a variety of constituents both internal and external to CSU.
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Customer Service Duty/Responsibility
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Answer phones, greet walk-in customers and direct as appropriate.
- Monitor voicemail system and online work request system.
- Generate work orders as response to customer.
- Collect, decipher and evaluate data received by phone, two-way radio, and written requests for proper channeling.
- Utility outage coordination with various campus departments and notifications.
- Work on various projects as assigned from supervisor.
- Determine methods, processes and techniques using specific databases to determine practical solutions.
Percentage Of Time 50% Job Duty Category University Keyless Access System Technician Duty/Responsibility
- Manage keyless access requests by; receiving, verifying, and processing orders for access devices.
- Coordinate with Ram Card Office to obtain accurate cards by: reviewing orders for proper authorizations, accurate card holder, and accounting information.
- Apply / remove access to devices, record orders, and troubleshoot non-working devices.
Percentage Of Time 20% Job Duty Category Fire Alarm and Key Desk Services Duty/Responsibility
- Monitor maintenance alarm system by: relaying alarm information to appropriate responder.
- Generate work orders as response to customer.
- Liaison for responder to proctor.
- Perform key management duties by: processing, issuing, and tracking key requests within key tracking software system.
- Monitor all keys and access devices located in key management service area.
- Provide customer feedback regarding maintenance or key requests.
Percentage Of Time 30%
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (eg: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office HR_Employment@mail.colostate.edu.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Executive Director of Human Resources and Equal Opportunity, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.