Interim Program Director for Physical Education Program
Educational Sciences Department
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach college-level courses in the field of physical education
- Effectively monitor fulfilment of the University´s responsibilities concerning students in particular admission,instruction, progress and examination;
- Promote adherence to the highest levels of quality, integrity and ethics in all research undertaken
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with a variety of professionals within the university’s academic settings or field settings
- Demonstrate the ability to present a positive and professional attitude when dealing with faculty, students, and local community and the national professional community
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, College,and University level
- Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of the College
- PhD in Physical Education or Related Field, preferablyinSpecializationof Following: Measurements and Evaluation,ExercisePhysiology or Biomechanics.
- Full Professor Status
- 10 years of leadership in higher education
- Published in peer reviewed journals
- Familiarity with SHAPE America National PE Standards as well as ACSM Standards for Health and Fitness
- Familiarity with appropriate program accreditation/s
- Fully Bilingual (Arabic & English)
- Expertise in academic program development, particularly in health,physical education, sports management, and exercise science
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.