Assistant/Associate Professor in Physical Education
Department of Educational Sciences
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information, skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Passion for contributing towards building and enhancing the College of Education at Qatar University.
- Strong commitment to teaching, with proficiency in teaching, in the relevant field for Physical Education students.
- Contributes to the enhancement and development of other curricular activities.
- Promoting collaborative and interdisciplinary research in areas of priority for the College of Education.
- Fostering academic and interdisciplinary research links with the relevant departments and centers at the University.
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, College,and University level
- Serve as student advisor
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department
- PhD degree in the relevant discipline from an internationally recognized university.
- Worked at University level education in the last 5 years.
- Strong background and demonstrated excellence in teaching of the relevant field in Physical Education.
- A strong record of relevant research experience backed with a strong and consistent record of accomplishment of research productivity.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Expected to demonstrate excellence in interpersonal behaviors and be committed to effective teamwork collaboration with colleagues.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic (both written and verbal) is preferred.
- Only female candidate will be consider for this position.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.