Lecturer in Education
- Join a Faculty acknowledged in the sector as a leader in learning and teaching
- A supportive learning environment with innovative virtual and physical teaching spaces
- Full-time, continuing role based in Brisbane
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Education and Arts hosts the National School of Education, the National School of Arts, the LaSalle Academy and three vibrant, multidisciplinary research institutes: the Learning Sciences Institute of Australia, the Institute for Religion, Politics and Society, and the Institute for Social Justice.
The National School of Education Is the largest provider of Teacher Education in Australia with a national focus and infrastructure across seven campuses in five states. It has rich contextual knowledge of different jurisdictions and their varying requirement s and the capacity to deliver to talented, diverse and dispersed student cohorts through connectivity to educational partners and networks both nationally and internationally.
As Lecturer in Education you will:
- Teach at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels across the faculty
- undertake academic administration functions to support teaching and learning
- collaborate nationally on program and unit development and assessment moderation
- develop and maintain relationships with external organisations and community engagement partnerships.
You will need to demonstrate:
- A Doctoral Qualification or substantial progress towards a Doctorate in Education or a closely related field as well as possess teacher registration in Queensland
- extensive and successful history of teaching and leadership in primary schools and/or early childhood settings along with experience and expertise in pre-service primary or early childhood teacher education
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- capacity for innovation and high quality approaches for teaching, informed by reflective practice and applicable to initial teacher education programs.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $114,172 - $134,629 pa, including salary component $96,477- $113,908 pa Academic Classification Level B, employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Romina Jamieson-Proctor, State Head of Education QLD on 07 36237267.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 16 October at 11:55pm