Senior Lecturer in Human Anatomy
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $111,162 - $128,175 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The College of Science, Health and Engineering comprises 9 Schools and 16 Departments across La Trobe’s multi-campus operations. The Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Microbiology is made up of a number of disciplines and plays a significant role in teaching the scholarship of teaching and learning and research.
About the position
This position is required to teach anatomy at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, supervise research students at Honours and Postgraduate levels, and drive a program of high impact research in areas compatible with existing research strengths of the department.
Skills and Experience
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching human anatomy, including teaching with cadaver material.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellent in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at a subject, course and discipline level.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in securing significant external research funding through competitive grants, contracts and/or consultancies and liaison with external organisations/agencies and/or the general public.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to apply
Closing date: Monday, 16 October 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Grant Drummond, +61 3 9479 5843 or email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.