Director, Graduate Research
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)
About the opportunity
We are seeking applications for the Director, Graduate Research who will be reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) for strategic oversight of the University’s Higher Degree Research programs, and will be supported by staff within the Strategy, Policy, Analytics and Administration (SPAA) team.
In the position, you will provide advice to the DVC (Education) and the University on:
- strategic directions for HDR programs at the University of Sydney
- the development and ongoing review of relevant policies, procedures and programs relating to HDR programs, and their implementation
- effective use of resources to support an excellent HDR experience, academic enrichment and professional learning for HDR students, HDR supervisors and HDR coordinators
- emerging trends, practice and evidence for effective research training strategies and research training initiatives
- matters affecting the University’s capacity to manage and deliver outstanding HDR programs.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
Term and remuneration
The position is fixed term for 3 years on a full-time basis with the possibility of extension for up to a further 2 years. A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 31 October 2017 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.