Early Childhood Educator
Early Years at UNSW
- Well established and highly recognised services within the profession.
- University owned, operated, and managed long day care
- Highly sought after workplace
- Above award employment conditions
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Early Years at UNSW currently operates and manages 4 long day care centres that give priority of access to the staff and students at the university.
We are committed to fostering a culture of ongoing learning and professional development and we strive to be at the forefront of early childhood education. Collaboration with a variety of stakeholders supports reflective practice and establishes a clear framework to work towards not only best, but also 'next' practice
About the role
- $50K - $59K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (38 hours per week)
The Early Childhood Educator (Certificate III) will be responsible together with other team members for providing quality care and education for children enrolled in the Centre.
The centres hours are from 8am to 6pm. Staff will be required to work a variety of shifts within the operational hours.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be able to document children’s learning for ages birth to school aged
- Have at least 1 years’ experience in prior to school settings
- Certificate III qualification in Early Childhood Education
- Current First Aid training
- Current Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
Pre-employment checks required for this position
- Working With Children Check
- Medical Assessment
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr Sydnye Allen
Director, Owl's House Child Care Centre
T: (61 2) 8936 5455
Applications close: 3 October 2017