Lecturer - Department of Mechanical, Energy & Industrial Engineering
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the following position:
The positions are tenable at BIUST Campus, Palapye.
The successful candidates will be appointed on a pensionable or contract basis.
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL, ENERGY & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
LECTURER ( Re-advertisement) x 1 position
Main Purpose of the Job
To teach and educate undergraduate and graduate students in an academic discipline and to build the knowledge base in a relevant field of the discipline through research and publication.
Qualifications and Experience
- A PhD degree in any of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering/Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering/Mechatronics/Control & Instrumentation.
- The ability to teach at least two (2) of the following areas; Mechatronics/ Measurement & Instrumentation/Process Control/Manufacturing & Design/Engineering Graphics.
- Teaching experience or cognate industrial experience, research, publications and creative works and engagement in projects or services at least on the profession or the community will be an added advantage.
The positions requires the following Competencies/Skills:
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
- Computer proficiency
- Good knowledge of the academic discipline environment
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable
- Knowledge of Research Methodology
- Understanding of Higher Education environment
- Strong communication skills - to disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding.
- Ability to manage & analyse information
- Ability to supervise research projects and graduate students
- Ability to synthesise information to design learning experiences
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. G. Kgosiemang/Ms. K. Oleseng @ 4931676.
POSITIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL FILLED