Research Associate - The UK in a Changing Europe
2 x Research Associates
Policy Institute at Kings
The UK in a Changing Europe
Grade 6, £33,518 to £36,613 per annum, plus £2,923 per annum London Allowance
Full time contract until 30th April 2019
We are recruiting two Research Assistants to work with the Director, Communications Project Officer and Centre Manager at The UK in a Changing Europe initiative based at King’s College London. The project provides authoritative, non-partisan and impartial reference point for those looking for information, insights and analysis about UK-EU relations that stands aside from the politics surrounding the debate. Our Research Assistants will be a key member of our growing team working closely with the Director, Centre Manager and Communications team.
We are recruiting two RA’s with different research focuses. One post will focus on British Politics and the other will focus on British Politics and Political Economy.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Provide research assistance to the Director including co-writing of pieces for publication
- Assist in the preparation of written outputs and publications intended for key stakeholders
- Write up research findings in a manner comprehensible to non-academic stakeholders.
- Assist Senior Fellows in the preparation of written outputs.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings.
- Be on hand to assist at events run by the project
- Work with colleagues on joint projects as required.
- Provide occasional support for the Centre Manager and Communications Team, where necessary
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be relevant to the role outline.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 20th September
The selection process will include a panel interview.
Interviews are scheduled to be held the week commencing: 25 September
For an informal discussion to find out more about the role please contact Professor Anand Menon, UKandEU@kcl.ac.uk
To apply for this role, please go to the King’s College London HireWire Job Board and register to download and submit the specified application form.