Professor / Chair in Sport and Exercise Sciences
Professor / Chair in Sport and Exercise Sciences (Grade 10)
As one of the UK’s leading universities, Durham is an incredible place in which to define your career and enjoy a high quality work/life balance. Benefitting from a fantastic location just 90 minutes south of Edinburgh, and less than three hours away from London, this historically rich city is home to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durham Cathedral, dating back to the 11th century and is within close proximity of the beautiful Durham Dales. With a welcoming student body that numbers more than 17,000 and over 3,000 members of staff, this centre of academic excellence looks forward to welcoming your application.
Durham University is listed 4th in The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 and is widely lauded for the exceptional talent it harbours. Featuring in the top 100 World University Rankings 2017-2018, our students and academics are at the heart of our world-leading research and teaching capabilities, shaping the future with their ground-breaking work. The needs of our staff are taken care of too, with generous pension plans, assistance with childcare facilities, the option for flexible working and a Relocation Manager who can help settle you into this fantastic city.
There has never been a more exciting time to be part of Sport and Exercise Sciences at Durham. With an outstanding reputation for pedagogy with innovative social-facing research, we are embarking on an ambitious programme of investment in estates and staff. As Professor / Chair, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our future success. As well as providing exceptional teaching, supervising dissertations and taking the lead on curriculum changes, you will develop world leading research with a range of theoretical, conceptual and methodological approaches. Here, you will enjoy such advantages as dedicated research time and funding support.
- A good first-degree, complemented by a PhD in Sport and Exercise Sciences or a related subject.
- A track record of producing world-class research, including a research plan which supports and enhances the activities of the department.
- A proven ability to lead research groups and networks beyond institutional boundaries, and to mentor early career researchers.
- Significant experience of developing PhD programmes or groups, and of successfully recruiting and supervising PhD students.
- Ideas to develop successful research project proposals, with the scope to secure funding or generate income and potential to make a far-reaching impact.
- Experience of leading and delivering high-quality and distinctive teaching across lectures and smaller study groups, with HEA (or equivalent) status.
- Confident leadership and communication skills, with the willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team.
How to apply:
We value and promote an inclusive and diverse working environment at Durham and we welcome applications from all individuals.
We prefer to receive applications online. For this role we are working with our partner organisation TMP (UK) Limited and your application will initially be submitted to TMP (UK) Limited via our website.
Please carefully read the job description for this post which outlines the documents which you will be required to submit, information about referees, contact details should you require further information and next steps including an indication of when interviews will take place.
To apply please visit https://www.dur.ac.uk/jobs/recruitment/
Closing date : 01st November 2017