Assistant Professor in Primary Pedagogy and Partnership
Assistant Professor in Primary Pedagogy and Partnership (Grade 7)
As one of the UK’s leading universities, Durham is an incredible place in which to define your career and enjoy a high quality work/life balance. Benefitting from a fantastic location just 90 minutes south of Edinburgh, and less than three hours away from London, this historically rich city is home to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durham Cathedral, dating back to the 11th century and is within close proximity of the beautiful Durham Dales. With a welcoming student body that numbers more than 17,000 and over 3,000 members of staff, this centre of academic excellence looks forward to welcoming your application.
Durham University is listed 4th in The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 and is widely lauded for the exceptional talent it harbours. Featuring in the top 100 World University Rankings 2017-2018, our students and academics are at the heart of our world-leading research and teaching capabilities, shaping the future with their ground-breaking work. The needs of our staff are taken care of too, with generous pension plans, assistance with childcare facilities, the option for flexible working and a Relocation Manager who can help settle you into this fantastic city.
Based in one of the UK’s very best Education departments, with an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching, research and employability of our students, you will make a significant contribution to the development of both teaching and research. Leading the BA Primary Education Partnership team, you will regularly visit our partner schools to support students and play a key role in developing our partnerships. We will also look to you to supervise BA Primary Education dissertations, and contribute to the recruitment of postgraduate research students. Crucially, you will seek funding for your own research, which will be published and recognised as internationally excellent.
- A PhD in Education or a related subject (either completed, or currently in progress).
- UK Qualified Teacher status, with relevant experience of teaching in secondary schools.
- Subject knowledge expertise in English and English education, with experience of Initial Teacher Education programmes in higher education and knowledge of the latest teacher education initiatives in England.
- The ability to produce internationally excellent research in the field of primary pedagogy, including a research plan which supports the activities of the department.
- Proof that you have contributed to research groups, mentoring early career researchers.
- The confidence to supervise PhD students.
- Experience of delivering high-quality teaching across lectures and in smaller study groups, with the ability to attain fellowship of the HEA.
- Confident leadership and communication skills, with the willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team.
How to apply:
We value and promote an inclusive and diverse working environment at Durham and we welcome applications from all individuals.
We prefer to receive applications online. For this role we are working with our partner organisation TMP (UK) Limited and your application will initially be submitted to TMP (UK) Limited via our website.
Please carefully read the job description for this post which outlines the documents which you will be required to submit, information about referees, contact details should you require further information and next steps including an indication of when interviews will take place.
To apply please visit https://www.dur.ac.uk/jobs/recruitment/
Closing date : 11th December 2017