Professor in the Department of Accounting
Professor in the Department of Accounting (Grade 10)
As one of the UK’s leading universities, Durham is an incredible place in which to define your career and enjoy a high quality work/life balance. Benefitting from a fantastic location just 90 minutes south of Edinburgh, and less than three hours away from London, this historically rich city is home to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durham Cathedral, dating back to the 11th century and is within close proximity of the beautiful Durham Dales. With a welcoming student body that numbers more than 17,000 and over 3,000 members of staff, this centre of academic excellence looks forward to welcoming your application.
Durham University is listed 4th in The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 and is widely lauded for the exceptional talent it harbours. Featuring in the top 100 World University Rankings 2017-2018, our students and academics are at the heart of our world-leading research and teaching capabilities, shaping the future with their ground-breaking work. The needs of our staff are taken care of too, with generous pension plans, assistance with childcare facilities, the option for flexible working and a Relocation Manager who can help settle you into this fantastic city.
This is a unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in achieving our ambition to become a Top European Business School by 2027. You will help strengthen our research profile and environment through the delivery of world-class publications, income generation and documented impact of social value. Accounting is a research-led department in which colleagues share a drive to advance world changing knowledge through collaborative projects. We are investing in a Professor to develop our strengths, produce excellent research with an impact beyond the University, and deliver exceptional teaching to our students.
- A good first-degree, complemented by a Doctoral Qualification or PhD in Accounting or a related subject.
- A proven ability to produce world-class research, including an ambitious and credible research plan which supports the activities of the department.
- A track record of leading national or international research groups and networks, with an internationally recognised contribution to the development of research fields and, ideally, experience of mentoring early career researchers.
- Experience of contributing significantly to the development of PhD programmes and excellent supervision of PhD students.
- Willingness and ability to develop successful research project proposals, with the scope to secure funding or generate income.
- Experience of taking innovative approaches to delivering high-quality teaching across lectures and in smaller study groups, with HEA (or equivalent) status.
- Confident leadership and communication skills, with the willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team.
How to apply:
We value and promote an inclusive and diverse working environment at Durham and we welcome applications from all individuals.
We prefer to receive applications online. For this role we are working with our partner organisation TMP (UK) Limited and your application will initially be submitted to TMP (UK) Limited via our website.
Please carefully read the job description for this post which outlines the documents which you will be required to submit, information about referees, contact details should you require further information and next steps including an indication of when interviews will take place.
For further information and to apply please visit https://www.dur.ac.uk/jobs/recruitment/
Closing date : 16th October 2017