Associate Professor in Economics and Finance
Associate Professor in Economics and Finance (Grade 9)
As one of the UK’s leading universities, Durham is an incredible place in which to define your career and enjoy a high quality work/life balance. Benefitting from a fantastic location just 90 minutes south of Edinburgh, and less than three hours away from London, this historically rich city is home to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durham Cathedral, dating back to the 11th century and is within close proximity of the beautiful Durham Dales. With a welcoming student body that numbers more than 17,000 and over 3,000 members of staff, this centre of academic excellence looks forward to welcoming your application.
Durham University is listed 4th in The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 and is widely lauded for the exceptional talent it harbours. Featuring in the top 100 World University Rankings 2017-2018, our students and academics are at the heart of our world-leading research and teaching capabilities, shaping the future with their ground-breaking work. The needs of our staff are taken care of too, with generous pension plans, assistance with childcare facilities, the option for flexible working and a Relocation Manager who can help settle you into this fantastic city.
This is a unique opportunity to play a vital role in achieving our ambition to become a Top 20 European Business School by 2027. You will help strengthen our research profile and environment through the delivery of world-class publications, income generation and documented impact of social value. Economics and Finance is a research-led department in which colleagues share a drive to advance world changing knowledge through collaborative projects. We are investing in two new Associate Professorships. Whether or not you have a conventional business school background, you will bring an intellectually challenging and significant research agenda to bear both in your teaching and through world-class publications.
- A good first-degree, complemented by a PhD in a related subject.
- The ability to produce research into areas of Economics or Finance that is world-leading, including a research plan which supports the activities of the department.
- Proof that you have helped to establish research groups, and recruited and supervised PhD students.
- The ability to pursue national and international funding opportunities to support research and end-user engagement.
- An innovative approach to designing and delivering high quality teaching or assessment of learning - from lectures, to small groups, to the use of technology.
- Confident leadership and communication skills, with the willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team.
How to apply:
We value and promote an inclusive and diverse working environment at Durham and we welcome applications from all individuals.
We prefer to receive applications online. For this role we are working with our partner organisation TMP (UK) Ltd and your application will initially be submitted to TMP (UK) Ltd via our website.
Please carefully read the job description for this post which outlines the documents which you will be required to submit, information about referees, contact details should you require further information and next steps including an indication of when interviews will take place.
For further information and to apply please visit https://www.dur.ac.uk/jobs/recruitment/
Closing date : 30th November 2017