Assistant Professor in Education
Assistant Professor in Education (Grade 7)
As one of the UK’s leading universities, Durham is an incredible place in which to define your career and enjoy a high quality work/life balance. Benefitting from a fantastic location just 90 minutes south of Edinburgh, and less than three hours away from London, this historically rich city is home to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durham Cathedral, dating back to the 11th century and is within close proximity of the beautiful Durham Dales. With a welcoming student body that numbers more than 17,000 and over 3,000 members of staff, this centre of academic excellence looks forward to welcoming your application.
Durham University is listed 4th in The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017 and is widely lauded for the exceptional talent it harbours. Featuring in the top 100 World University Rankings 2017-2018, our students and academics are at the heart of our world-leading research and teaching capabilities, shaping the future with their ground-breaking work. The needs of our staff are taken care of too, with generous pension plans, assistance with childcare facilities, the option for flexible working and a Relocation Manager who can help settle you into this fantastic city.
Based in one of the UK’s very best Education departments, with an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching, research and employability of our students, you will make a significant contribution to the development of both teaching and research. This is an exciting opportunity to further your interests in the broad field of Education. We are particularly keen to hear from you if you have expertise in Educational Psychology, Intercultural Education or English as an Additional Language, Management and Leadership or Digital Learning Technology. Whatever your interests, we will look to you to develop and deliver a range of new undergraduate and postgraduate modules, and to supervise research projects up to doctoral level. Crucially, you will seek funding for your own research, which will be published and recognised internationally.
- A PhD in Education or a related subject (either completed, or currently in progress).
- The potential to produce world-class research in the field of Education, including a research plan which supports the activities of the department.
- Proof that you have contributed to research groups, mentoring early career researchers.
- Experience of, or potential to develop successful research project proposals, with the scope to secure funding or generate income.
- The confidence to supervise PhD students.
- Experience of delivering high-quality teaching across lectures and in smaller study groups, with the ability to attain fellowship of the HEA.
- Confident leadership and communication skills, with the willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team.
How to apply:
We value and promote an inclusive and diverse working environment at Durham and we welcome applications from all individuals.
We prefer to receive applications online. For this role we are working with our partner organisation TMP (UK) Limited and your application will initially be submitted to TMP (UK) Limited via our website.
Please carefully read the job description for this post which outlines the documents which you will be required to submit, information about referees, contact details should you require further information and next steps including an indication of when interviews will take place.
To apply please visit https://www.dur.ac.uk/jobs/recruitment/
Closing date : 06th December 2017