- Support the delivery of ACU’s strategic research initiatives
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research portfolio
- Full-time continuing position based in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) portfolio, headed by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), is responsible for management of the University’s research strategy, policies, governance, organisational reporting, research-related committees, and research activity undertaken by the faculties, schools, and research Institutes. The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research, collaborates with the faculties in implementing the strategic research direction of the University and provides the financial and administrative framework to support research excellence.
The Portfolio Coordinator provides high level support and advice to the Executive team and Research Executive Advisor, and oversees the development and implementation of processes associated with strategic initiatives of the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research. The position also manages the administrative and day to day operations of the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor Research to support the delivery of organisational goals and associated reporting.
As Portfolio Coordinator you will:
- Conduct benchmarking and other research activities to support and contribute to the strategic direction of the portfolio
- monitor and maintain the team’s annual budget
- manage strategic projects and propose new initiatives and changes to contribute to the development of the portfolio
- develop and implement processes and strategies that will deliver high level support to Executive leaders of the portfolio
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Completion or progress towards a postgraduate qualification, with extensive relevant experience and an understanding of the tertiary education sector
- an ability in written expression and experience in developing a range of professional reports
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- excellent communication skills and an ability to develop strong collaborative relationships across the portfolio and with stakeholders across ACU.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $110,551 - $123,597 pa, including salary component $93,417 - $104,441 pa Higher Education Worker Level 8, employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed James McLaren, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Research, Research Office on 02 97392435.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 27 September 2017
Advertised: 13 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 27 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time