Project Manager in Education Focused Career Support
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The PVC Education Portfolio is responsible for leading and supporting the development and implementation of strategies, programs and initiatives to improve students’ experience of learning and to enhance the capabilities of the University’s staff in relation to the design, development, implementation and evaluation of technology enabled learning, teaching, curricula and the resources to support learning and/or teaching.
The Division of the DVC (A) is a large portfolio covering a wide range of activities supporting the student experience and the needs of academic staff. The Division currently includes the following departments: Library; Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Education); Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous); and Student Services.
Within the DVC(A), the PVC(E) Portfolio provides leadership in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives in learning and teaching through the enhancement of approaches to curriculum design and delivery, the effective use of online technologies, the design and management of effective learning environments for students and the development and renewal of academic policies and quality assurance processes.
About the role:
- A $101K - $113 K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term
- Full-time (35 hours per week)>
This position works with a range of internal and external stakeholders. These include project teams located in the PVCE Portfolio, the UNSW Strategy Office, Associate Deans of Education, as well as contract or casual staff associated with supporting Education Focused roles.
This role will provide scholarly career development support for Education Focused roles across UNSW. Education Focused roles will play a key role in the delivery the UNSW Scientia Educational Experience, part of the UNSW 2025 Strategy.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Designing, coordinating and facilitating professional development activities in response to the career needs of the Education Focused academics, including support for applications for teaching fellowship status relevant to Education Focused roles
- Promoting career development opportunities for Education Focused academics
- Developing resources to support the collation and documentation of evidence required for academic promotion of Education Focused roles.
- Developing and implementing a strategy to provide effective communication between the Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor and other UNSW staff involved in supporting Education Focused academics and faculties.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Associate Professor Marina Harvey, Director of Academic Development Services
T: (+61 2) 9385 3062
Applications close: 2 October 2017