Head of International Sales – PQ / LM
Head of International Sales – PQ / LM
Full time, permanent
Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP Learning Media is a market leading producer of BPP books, course materials and e-learning materials for students, colleges and bookshops all over the world.
What you’ll do
In conjunction with the HoIP, the Head of International Sales – PQ / LM will be responsible for developing and implementing the International Sales Strategy for BPP’s Learning media range and BPP Professional Qualifications OCR and OCRL range as applicable, and working with members of the International Commercial team with the purpose of delivering ambitious international expansion and revenue growth.
This role will work as an integral part of the International Team. The International Team are responsible for the overall execution and on-going development of BPP’s international expansion strategy.
In conjunction with the HoIP:
- work with designated members of the International Commercial team to develop and implement regional sales strategies to maintain and grow existing customer accounts and win new business;
- Drive revenue growth in International Markets and have overall accountability for budget performance and management
- Actively identify potential clients and drive sales either directly or through supporting international team
- setting and working to ambitious annual revenue targets for:
- Professional Qualification Products
- Learning Media products across the LM range
- develop and implement strategies that will create sustainable competitive advantage including the development of an integrated marketing strategy with the Marketing Team;
- developing country specific marketing and deliver strategies to ensure our portfolio addresses market needs with clear definition of returns;
- developing innovative ways of working that open up new markets, drive revenue and reduce costs;
- work with BPP’s Learning Media production team and developers of the online learning products to ensure that customer requirements and feedback are implemented in the portfolio;
- report on and reforecast monthly sales of Learning Media and Professional Qualifications sales revenue to the HoIP, Finance, CEO of PQ and MD of Learning Media
- work closely with the Learning Media and Professional Qualifications customer service teams to ensure a consistent and high quality customer experience;
- maintain awareness of the competitive environments in which we operate and work closely with the HoIP to identify how to reduce/eliminate these risks and create a competitive advantage
- carry out such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading
- Proven ability to hit/exceed challenging sales targets
- Proven track record of operating and/or selling internationally in a B2C and B2B context
- An appreciation of the international market in higher education
- Knowledge of international affairs and political arenas, gained through practical experience
- Experience of strategic planning and of turning strategy into action
- Strong project and financial management skills
- Understanding of differing cultures, gained through practical experience
- Experience of leading sales teams ideally across multiple sites
- Ideally educated to degree-level, however applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant work experience or other equivalent qualifications will also be considered
- Highly organised, focused, results driven
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Commercial focus – numbers
- Good communication/relationship skills.
- Credibility and a high level of entrepreneurial spirit.
- The ability to work across cultures and different cultural environments
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team
- Please note this role will require travel within the UK and internationally as appropriate
- Experience of working in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Ability to speak at least one foreign language
- Insight into the academic publishing and online learning sectors specifically relating to accountancy and finance professional qualifications
What we offer
BPP exists to help people make the most of their talents – just ask the students who study with us every year. We aim to have an equally positive impact on our employees' careers by providing the culture, career development opportunities and extra benefits to inspire you personally and professionally.
BPP invests heavily in your career development – you will have free access to all of BPP's courses – from gaining an ACCA accountancy qualification, in-house leadership and management training or wide range of personal and professional development opportunities to a Graduate Diploma in Law, you can take your career in any direction you like.
Add to this a comprehensive benefits package, including 25 days’ holiday, private medical insurance, life assurance, group personal pension plan, childcare vouchers and the cycle to work scheme, and you’ll find the BPP Professional Education Group a great company to work for.
To find out more about working at BPP, please visit http://www.bpp.com/working-at-bpp
How to apply
For a full job description and details on how to apply, please visit: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/bpp/displayjob.aspx?jobid=2091