Lecturer in General Biochemistry
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated positions;
The positions are based at BIUST Campus, Palapye, Botswana and offered on a fixed term contract of 5 years
LECTURER - GENERAL BIOCHEMISTRY
Main Purpose of the Job
- To teach and educate undergraduate and graduate students in General Biochemistry and Advanced Biochemistry through research and publications
- To administer teaching activities within the discipline of Biochemistry
- To establish research reputation in the field of Biochemistry and its application to Biotechnology.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A PhD in Biochemistry or equivalent
- Experience in teaching and research
- A record of recent and continuing publications(minimum of 16 publications in reputable, peer-reviewed journals)
- Record of attracting research grants
KEY COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
- In-depth understanding of own specialization to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation and understanding within the field.
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies eg for funding and accreditation purposes
- Understanding of academic management structures and functioning
- Excellent knowledge of the international academic discipline environment
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable
- Effective communication skills
- Decision making skills
If you meet the requirements of the above stated positions please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least three (3) recent professional references to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Taolo or Ms. Thibelang at 4931307
The positions will remain vacant until filled.