Associate Professor - Bioinformatics / Computational Biology
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated positions;
The positions are based at BIUST Campus, Palapye, Botswana and offered on a fixed term contract of 5 years
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR- BIOINFORMATICS/COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY
Main Purpose of the Job
- To perform high quality research, produce high quality research outputs and be part of teaching and learning in existing and emerging areas.
- To be involved in teaching of genetics/Bioinformatics/structural Informatics for both undergraduate and postgraduate students
- To be a research team leader and supervise post graduate research in the field of Bioinformatics/Computational Biology.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A PhD or equivalent in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
- A minimum of six (6) years post-doctoral experience in teaching and research.
- A record of recent and continuing publications(minimum of 16 publications in reputable, peer-reviewed journals)
- Successful supervision of postgraduate students at Masters and or Doctoral level.
- Record of attracting research grants
KEY COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work within an academic setting and its management structures
- Ability to work in a resource limited setting
- Commitment to research and teaching excellence
- Ability to attract national and international funding as well as setting up research linkages
- Demonstrated experience in analysis of Illumina next generation sequencing data and RNA sequencing analysis methods
- Ability to develop and implement new and established computational methods
The University offers an attractive package commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated positions please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least three (3) recent professional references to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Taolo or Ms. Thibelang at 4931307
The positions will remain vacant until filled.