Full Professor - Polymers and Nanobiotechnology
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated positions;
The positions are based at BIUST Campus, Palapye, Botswana and offered on a fixed term contract of 5 years
COLLEGE OF SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGY AND BIOTECHNOLOGICAL SCIENCES
FULL PROFESSOR– POLYMERS AND NANOBIOTECHNOLOGY
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To teach and educate undergraduate and graduate students in Polymers and Nanobiotechnology through research and publications.
- To administer teaching activities within own discipline and provide leadership in this academic area.
- To establish research reputation in the field of Polymers and Nanobiotechnology and its applications to a bio-based economy and biological science applications. To be active in professional service to the Mining industry.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A PhD or equivalent in Polymers Science and or Nanobiotechnology
- A minimum of ten (10) years post-doctoral experience in research and teaching
- A record of recent and continuing publications (minimum of 30 peer-reviewed publications)
- Successful supervision of postgraduate students at Masters and Doctoral level
- Record of attracting Research grants.
KEY COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
- In-depth understanding of own specialization to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation and understanding within the field
- Excellent expertise in polymer synthesis, applications and modifications to make new biomaterials and their applications in the industrial fields eg health, environment and agriculture
- Good knowledge in nanobiotechnology and its applications such as nano machine, nano tubes, and their applications in diseases treatment such as cancer(nanomedicine) nanobiology and DNA nanotechnology
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
- Understanding of academic management structures and their functioning
- Excellent knowledge of the international academic discipline environment Involvement in professional activities where applicable
- Effective communication skills
If you meet the requirements of the above stated positions please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least three (3) recent professional references to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Taolo or Ms. Thibelang at 4931307
The positions will remain vacant until filled.
Apply for Full Professor - Polymers and Nanobiotechnology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly