The Examinations team are recruiting for several casual Exam Supervisors to assist our Examinations team in providing the best possible environment for James Cook University (JCU) students to sit their exams.
The position provides examination invigilation during JCU’s formal examination periods, and ad hoc College requests.
Exam supervisors at JCU provide a key role in ensuring JCU exam sessions are run consistently, professionally and seamlessly. You will be responsible for following established procedures for monitoring students; including assessing and responding to instances of misconduct, room set-up, verification of student identity, and distributing, collecting and validating exam papers.
HOW THE ROLE OPERATES
Key Challenges and Problem Solving
- Maintain accuracy of knowledge of examination supervisor’s role and responsibilities;
- Provide a professional examination experience to all students;
- Dealing with difficult situations when exams are in session and understanding when matters need to be referred to the nominated supervisor for action.
Decision Making / Authority to Act
- The decision holder has a well-defined and limited authority to act in the day-to-day management and running of examinations;
- The position holder solves simple and straightforward problems guided by precedent and established practices and procedures.
Communication / Working Relationships
- The position holder will be required to communicate with students, Lecturers in Charge and the Examinations team to provide an effective and stakeholder centric service.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply online via the Careers at JCU website by Midnighton 25 September 2017.
Prior to commencing your application please ensure you have read the above information to determine your ability to meet the inherent requirements of the role. Please ensure you attach a copy of your resume.
Suitable applicants will be contacted within two weeks from the application closing date. A series of online quizzes will be issued to determine successful applicants. Please ensure that you monitor the email account you provide in your application.