Research Officer in Chemistry
6 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry Facility (BMSF) is a large research and research training facility within the Mark Wainwright Analytical Centre with expertise in Proteomics, Lipidomics, small molecule and Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry.
About the role
- $69K-$86K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading or 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading less than 2 years fixed term)
- Fixed Term
The Research Officer will be responsible for the successful completion of projects with researchers and users who access the BMSF. The Research Officer will participate in routine and development projects in sample preparation, liquid chromatography or mass spectrometry aspects of original research and fee for service samples as a member of interdisciplinary collaborative team. Additionally the Research Officer will contribute to the day-to-day running of the BMSF laboratories including training users
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Knowledge of the operating principles of mass spectrometers, separation systems &/or proteomic methodologies
- Experience working within an analytical chemistry or biological research setting
- A degree in a discipline involving the use of analytical equipment for bioanalytical mass spectrometry or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
A/Prof Mark Raftery, Director BMSF
E: contact email@example.com
T: (61 2) 9385 1892
Applications close: 2 October 2017