Academic Learning Adviser
- Student Experience Directorate
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- $44.18 per hour ($52.69 if PhD holder)
Your New Division:
Student Experience is CQUniversity's one-stop shop for all student information, advice and support needs. The Indigenous Student Support Team provides support to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students within each of the schools at CQUniversity. Indigenous Student Support Officers provide advice about a number of services on offer including Indigenous Advancement Strategy (IAS) – tutoring support, scholarships, cadetships, basic course information and more.
Your New Role:
- Providing learning support to CQUniversity Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking an undergraduate, postgraduate or bridging course qualification at CQUniversity, by developing and delivering learning activities.
- Providing encouragement and academic advice to students throughout their learning journey, such as time management, understanding course content and learning skills, and providing referrals to student services as appropriate.
- Conducting individual consultations with students to identify and assess student needs and tailoring appointments to meet those needs.
You Will Have:
- Relevant qualifications and/or work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies, cultures and issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in contemporary Australian society.
- Ability to demonstrate instructional effectiveness including knowledge of contemporary industry practice including accepted safety practices, content knowledge, quality student interaction, effective preparation and assessment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate sensitively to develop strong relationships and partnerships.
Applicants must submit the following documents to be eligible for consideration for this role:
- Cover Letter (outlining how your qualifications, skills and experience make you an ideal candidate)
- Current Resume
- Certified Copies of Mandatory Qualifications and Registrations
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32102
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Tuesday, 26 September 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter Current Resume, (please refer to Job Application Information), Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.