Learning and Teaching Officer
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community and inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating and learning from the best
UNSW is currently implementing a ten year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
The School of Banking and Finance is part of UNSW Business School, one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with over 290 academics and researchers and 15,027 students. The UNSW Business School is a powerhouse of business education and research in the Asia-Pacific region.
About the role
- Casual Level 6, $56.60 - $60.37 per hour.
The Learning & Teaching Officer role is critical to the administration of the School’s academic activities and course programs. Some general duties will consist of:
- Manage and co-ordinate: term planning, class maintenance, timetabling, room bookings, enrollment, examinations, results, and updating the course Handbook and myUNSW database.
- Manage the recruitment of casual lecturers, the preparation of casual contracts, induction of casual staff maintenance of contracts on the casual payment system.
- School-based administration and maintenance of Learning Management System updates (e.g. in Moodle) and Course and Teaching Evaluation systems.
- Provide administrative support to the School’s representation on the Faculty Special Considerations Panel.
- Collaborate with the Faculty Business Student Centre staff to ensure School student service activities run smoothly and comply with relevant University policies.
- Support the Associate Head of School in the drafting of proposals for new and revised courses.
- Provide administrative support to the School's Learning and Teaching Committee and participate in Faculty-wide Student Services meetings.
- Coordinate the course outline compilation process, ensuring the currency of information on the web.
- Coordinate the research student annual review process.
- Provide reports, advice and draft correspondence in relation to learning and teaching matters.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, and proven ability to deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated oral and written communications skills including the ability to analyse material and summarise key issues.
- Ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff, students, management and external stakeholders.
- A relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent work experience within an academic/pedagogical environment.
Please provide a short statement (Maximum Length 2 Pages) as to how you meet the above criteria. If you are unable to work Monday to Friday, please include your availability
Nick Ketley, School Manager, School of Banking & Finance
T: (61 2) 9385 5855
Find out more about working at UNSW by following this link.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.