Associate Lecturer in Marine Engineering
The Australian Maritime College (AMC), an institute of UTAS, is Australia's leading maritime training provider, delivering higher education degrees and VET programs since 1979. VET courses are run in Tasmania, interstate, and internationally. All training programs meet the competency requirements as specified by the Australian Skills Quality Authority, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) through the National Standards for Commercial Vessels (NSCV).
The Associate Lecturer in Marine Engineering - VET is responsible for teaching and assessing VET students in line with University and ASQA requirements. You will play a key role in assisting AMC achieve its strategic objectives and fulfil its operational responsibilities by coordinating units and programmes and through the design, implementation and evaluation of teaching and assessment processes and tools incorporating contemporary pedagogies.
In the role you will:
- Develop teaching and learning and assessment resources suitable for face-to-face and on-line delivery modes in line with ASQA and VET teaching and assessment guidelines
- Complete marking and assessment associated with the units taught and provide formative feedback to students.
- Undertake administrative duties on campus as required by the supervisor, including course promotion, responding to course enquiries, student support, providing up to date information to new and continuing staff and students, and special projects.
- Work cooperatively with University academic and general staff on both academic and administrative tasks.
- Contribute to research outputs of the National Centre.
You will be employed on a full-time, continuing basis for two years.
To be considered, you will have:
- Possession of a qualification as a ship's Engineer AMSA approved with subsequent industry experience as per regulator's requirements for ENG3 through to MED3 delivery and assessment.
- Possession of appropriate Training and Assessment VET certificate
- A demonstrated ability to prepare and conduct training using a range of innovative and flexible delivery and assessment methods, and to prepare and conduct curriculum, teaching and training, practical classes, field excursions and assess student achievement.
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in VET training and assessment.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level A and will have a total remuneration package of up to $102, 849 comprising base salary within the range of $82,155 to $87,905 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Anthony Beckett, Manager VET & ERC, Anthony.Beckett@utas.edu.au / 03 6224 9712.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Friday, 22 September 2017.
More searches like this
- Temporary Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Launceston
- Temporary Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Launceston
- Temporary General Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Launceston
- Temporary Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Launceston