Senior Research Officer
- Provide high-level research and operational support
- Promote community engagement research initiatives
- Full-time, continuing position located in Melbourne
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement provides leadership, advice and support in ACU’s community engagement strategy including the strategic frameworks that implement the new measurement of research engagement and impact. The Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement is responsible for the development and implementation of ACU’s Community Engagement Strategy that includes integration of community engagement into ACU’s curriculum across all Faculties; contribution and expansion of community stakeholder relationships; and, broadening and deepening community engagement as a defining representation of the University’s mission.
The Senior Research Officer will work closely with the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement and other staff within the University, to ensure the timely and effective delivery of a range of community engagement and mission related research projects. The Senior Research Officer will liaise extensively with stakeholders from ACU’s community partners and other organisations that collaborate with the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement.
As the Senior Research Officer you will:
- Provide high level research and operational support to the Pro Vice-Chancellor on a range of community engagement related research projects
- prepare and maintain the research budget
- manage and facilitate research activities, analyse and interpret data and ensure research is implemented in accordance with ACU research protocols
- manage successful working relationships with key team members and stakeholders to promote community engagement research objectives and initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- completion of a PhD in a health or social science or related discipline with subsequent relevant training and experience in a large and complex research organisation
- experience in ethics applications, proposal writing preparation and in varied research designs
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- an ability to communicate with impact and purpose using high level written communication skills in writing research papers and making contributions to journal articles.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $107,331 - $119,997 pa, including salary component $90,696 - $101,399 pa Higher Education Worker Level 8, employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to Sandra Jones, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement on (03) 9953 3709.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Thursday 21 September 2017