Senior Research Communications Advisor
- Opportunity to join the La Trobe Graduate Research School
- Full-time, fixed-term role (maternity leave replacement) HEO 7
- $ 81,184 to 89,635 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation contribution
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, strategic and highly motivated communications specialist to support and promote research engagement for the La Trobe Graduate Research School. The Senior Research Communications Advisor will play a key role in contributing to the national and international profile of the Graduate Research School by developing promotional material, marketing higher degree research and scholarship opportunities at the University in national and international forums, and facilitating communications with staff and students.
To be successful in the role you will possess:
- A degree in marketing or communications, or an equivalent level of professional experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in developing and leading the brand identity of a significant organisational unit, within a large and complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in the authorship of compelling and engaging content that can be adapted for web, social media, news and print-based media.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across multiple channels, using multiple mediums, which include, the web, social media, and rich media.
- Fluency and a high level of competence with the computer applications and systems required to develop communications. These include: the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft SharePoint and the Content Management System (CMS), MySource Matrix.
- Demonstrated flexibility and capability to manage several projects in parallel and work with a range of stakeholders to ensure organisational objectives are met.
- Demonstrated strong written and editorial skills.
- Demonstrated skills in graphic design and experience with the adherence to brand identity guidelines.
- Ability to establish and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 24th September, 2017 (11:55pm)
Position Enquiries: Dr Clare McCausland Tel: 03 9479 3892 Email: email@example.com
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 552914 under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.