Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Public Health
- Contribute to knowledge and the improvement of public health through research and teaching
- Continuing, full-time role based at our Melbourne CBD (Collins St) campus $111,162 - $147,459 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- A competitive research start-up package is available
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the Role
The School of Psychology and Public Heath is seeking an experienced Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor to join its Department of Public Health and to play a key role providing significant contribution in scholarly, research and professional activities. You will conduct and lead innovative and high impact research and engage students through your high quality teaching and scholarly approach to learning and teaching.
This position presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a Department which has a strong commitment to improving the health of individuals and of society by building the capacity of practitioners working in a range of areas, to protect and promote health in organisations, workplaces, and local communities.
In this position you will also be expected to assume a course coordination role for postgraduate programs in public health. The Course Coordinator has a key role in assuring the quality of the academic programs and facilitating student success at the University. This role offers the opportunity for an outstanding candidate to utilise their demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to education excellence in leading the Master of Public Health and associated programs, delivering high quality teaching and providing students with an exceptional experience. The coordinator role will be based mainly at La Trobe’s Melbourne CBD (Collins St) campus, but will also occasionally require attendance at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus.
The successful candidate will not only have an excellent record in postgraduate health teaching but will also have the ability to contribute to the Department’s research profile in public health, particularly in the area(s) of health policy, global health and health promotion.
Skills & Experience
You will demonstrate commitment to learning, teaching and research expertise as well as previous experience in academic administration and understand the needs of a diverse range of students. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially are key requirements of this role.
To succeed at level C, you will possess:
- A PhD or equivalent qualification(s) and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for discipline areas of Public Health.
- Strong record of research publication, relative to opportunity, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
- A national profile in independent research and/or as a member of a research team, as evidenced by the production of research publications and/or other work experience.
- Design, coordinate and teach subjects and courses which provide a high quality learning experience that engages undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to others in subject or course level curriculum design and development and delivery of teaching.
- Commitment to developing an influential role in the national and international academic community.
- Experience in the supervision or co-supervision and mentoring of research and other staff.
To succeed at level D, you will possess all of the above and in addition:
- A distinguished record of nationally and/or internationally recognised independent research, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Successful record of significant levels of external research funding through grants/contracts/consultancies.
- A record of attracting honours/research higher degree students and successful supervision.
- Evidence of effective contributions to leadership and management at the Department/School/College or University level.
Closing date: 8th of October
Position Enquiries: Melissa Favata Senior Recruitment Business Partner 9479 2030
Please indicate which level position you are applying for in your application. Applicants may opt to apply for both position levels (single application).
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Senior Lecturer (Level C) full-time position $111,162 - $128,175 + 17% superannuation | Associate Professor (Level D) full-time position $133,847 - $147,459 + 17% superannuation. Level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University also offers a generous research start-up funding package, subject to negotiation and an agreed research plan.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Business Partner on +61 (03) 9479 1241.