Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie, you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Macquarie International (MI) supports a broad range of international engagement activities including international fee-paying student recruiting, outbound student and staff mobility, and management of a global network of institutional relationships that support research and teaching objectives. As the international arm of the University, MI's activities across the world protect and enhance the reputation of the University, are student focused and embody the highest professional and ethical standards.
Macquarie International is seeking an Admissions Officer to provide advice and administrative support to international students on admissions. The responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
- Provide advice and support to prospective international students, newly enrolled students, representatives (agents) and pathway providers on the application and admissions process.
- Review and evaluate undergraduate and postgraduate applications and escalate complex student cases as required.
- Develop and coordinate the distribution of correspondence for qualified applicants including confirmation of enrolment, tuition fees and health cover in accordance with University policy and relevant legislation.
- Collate, review and maintain records of enquiries, applicants and enrolees to ensure accurate and current information.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with a CV and attach a separate 1-2 page cover letter, referencing the selection criteria below:
- Degree or equivalent experience in business, marketing or related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in student admissions in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high levels of customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in building positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in understanding and interpreting legislation, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently and prioritising effectively.
- Proficiency in Cantonese or Mandarin is highly desirable.
Salary Package: From $69,654 – $79,193 p.a. (Level 5), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Parental Leave replacement, fixed term for 7 months
Enquiries: Irene Ho, International Admissions Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 24 September 2017, Sunday at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.