Business and Office Operations Coordinator
Description of Work Unit
The Institute for the Built Environment (IBE) is housed within the College of Health and Human Sciences at Colorado State University (CSU). IBE is an interdisciplinary group of faculty, students and staff who focus on sustainability and quality of the built environment. The Manager of Business & Office Operations manages day to day tasks related to the management, coordination and keeping of office business and office operations for the institute.
The Business and Office Operations Coordinator within the Institute for the Built Environment at CSU manages day to day tasks related to the management, coordination and keeping of office business and office operations for the institute. This position is a part-time, 12-month position that reports to the Associate Director of the Institute.
The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic, a willingness to serve in a broad variety of roles as needed, and be dedicated to the mission of Colorado State University, the College of Health and Human Sciences, and the Institute for the Built Environment.
Required Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. business administration, non-profit administration, accounting, etc.)
3+ years professional experience in related field
Demonstrated bookkeeping / accounting skills
Evidence of organization and administration skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Preferred Job Qualifications
Prior experience with CSU administrative systems (e.g. Kuali, eThority, Vista, etc.)
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Management Duty/Responsibility
- Assist IBE directors and project managers with developing, processing and managing contracts
- Manage program administration (e.g. instructor contracts, CSU Online Plus interface) for continuing education courses
- Manage internal accounting for IBE including quarterly budget to actual reports
- Prepare monthly financial status reports
- Track and follow up on accounts receivable
- Process travel vouchers, deposits, employee reimbursements, PCard transactions, hiring administration for students and staff, and perform salary allocations
- Develop and administer feedback and evaluations for outreach education and project work
- Manage internal staff review process and logistics
- Oversee management of IBE contacts database
- Coordinate response teams for completing grant applications (project by project basis)
- Focus on continuous improvement of IBE operational efficiencies
Percentage Of Time 75 Job Duty Category Supervision Duty/Responsibility
- Supervise work study student assistant(s) performing administrative and project support
Percentage Of Time 15 Job Duty Category Outreach Duty/Responsibility
- Provide logistical support for IBE events
- Assist in proposal development, including managing contributors
- Serve as a point of contact for exploration and filtering new IBE opportunities.
- Provide marketing support including coordinating and distributing quarterly newsletter, content updates for website and social media coordination
Percentage Of Time 10
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications for the position and a current résumé directly to this posting.
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Search Contact Brian Dunbar, email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.