Description of Work Unit
The mission of the Registrar’s Office is to provide leadership and service in student enrollment and academic record management that support the recruitment, retention and graduation goals of Colorado State University.
This position will manage the daily operations of the document imaging area of the Office of the Registrar. Included in that will be developing and enforcing imaging standards, guidelines and protocols; supervising student staff; and collaborating with constituents to ensure quality and define standards. This position is essential to the document management process for student records, maintaining consistent standards and upholding established protocols to ensure consistency in categorizing and managing student records.
This position will hire, train, supervise and coach student employees (typically 4-5) in the Office of the Registrar. The position will identify the workload, including daily work and projects, and assign tasks to the student staff. The position will be responsible for quality control and providing re-training to individual staff as necessary as demonstrated by performance.
This position will be an integral partner to Office of the Registrar staff with their work impacting the following areas: customer service, degree and transfer evaluation, and student information system.
This position will be an important partner in external collaborations with staff from the following units: Office of Admissions, Office of Financial Aid, Graduate School, academic colleges and departments, and individual faculty and staff by ensuring accurate student documents of acceptable quality are made available to users university-wide in a timely fashion.
Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: addressing phone calls, transcript orders, password resets, and other general questions. This position may also coordinate various other special programs and projects with the Office of the Registrar.
Three years of experience working with integrated information system, of which must have included one year (12 months full-time equivalent) of experience working in a college or university Enrollment Services area: Registrar, Academic Affairs, Student Financial Services etc.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university will substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience outlined in the minimum qualification.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three or more years of experience in a college or university Office of the Registrar.
- One or more years experience working with digital images of student records (i.e. Banner Document Management System).
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written communication skills as demonstrated by application materials.
- Personal initiative and ability to independently pursue solutions as needs are identified.
- Experience supervising student (college/university level) employees.
- Experience documenting and training staff on policy, procedures, guidelines and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and relevant ability with, culturally diverse communities.
- Demonstrated experience in office skills including use of Excel, Access, Word, and other applications.
- Problem-solving ability and creativity to implement efficiency in current practices.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with a variety of constituents toward a common goal (academic departments, admissions, financial aid, advisors, centralized information systems, etc.).
- Experience working in a fast-paced customer service environment where there are multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of FERPA.
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category Document Imaging Duty/Responsibility
- Manage daily operations of the Document Imaging Area of the Registrar’s Office.
- Enforce and promote imaging standards and guidelines for preparing, scanning, indexing and quality control of images established by this position and other Registrar’s Office staff.
- Analyze and organize new and existing imaging projects. Project seasonal workload based on statistics from like months in previous years.
- Perform imaging/indexing process for documents as needed to maintain overall acceptable productivity of unit.
- Serve as primary processor for critical documents, such as international transcripts or emergency needs.
- Apply University retention policies and document destruction standards for scanned documents
- Schedule/coordinate with CSU’s document shredding service (Central Receiving) destruction of other documents for the Office of the Registrar.
- Hardware Support – clean scanners as needed, monitor scanners for signs of wear – train students to do the same.
- Imaging system maintenance – run periodic queries to identify various document imaging items to be corrected (incorrect document types, incorrect student ID #s used, duplicates, etc…) and coordinate and/or perform the corrections needed. Also monitor document batches and inform supervisors when/if their employees are processing batches incorrectly.
Percentage Of Time 45 Job Duty Category Supervision Duty/Responsibility
- Hire, train, supervise and coach up to five student staff members. Address performance issues as necessary.
- Set workplace expectations and work schedules, provide time clock approvals.
- Manage workload of unit; distribute daily work to team members.
- Closely monitor daily work of student staff, for both volume and accuracy.
- Identify subsequent training needs for each team member and continue training as needed.
- Write evaluations of students; prepare recommendations for raises.
Percentage Of Time 35 Job Duty Category Communication Duty/Responsibility
- Provide one-on-one training and guidance on accessing documents imaged to student account (in Banner Document Management).
- Communicate with internal constituents (i.e. Degree Analysts) and external constituents (i.e. Office of Admissions) regarding imaging standards and procedures at beginning of each semester (to account for turnover) and whenever processes change.
- Act as liaison for internal and external partners when creating new document types and scanning documents into the BDM system.
- Develop and deliver documentation on processes.
- Serve as point person to communicate process changes to internal and external constituents.
- Reach out to other offices (i.e. Office of Admissions) when errors are identified.
- Provide annual report/summary of activities.
Percentage Of Time 15 Job Duty Category Other duties as assigned Duty/Responsibility
Complete additional duties / special projects as determined by managers or Office of the Registrar Leadership Team.
Percentage Of Time 5
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which often requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check in your Junk and Deleted folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the “Help” link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office at the main phone line: 970-491-MyHR (6947).
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires)
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.