Description of Work Unit
The Colorado State University (CSU) Veterinary Teaching Hospital provides 24/7 professional veterinary care to the public, communication with referring veterinarians and education to Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Students. The mission of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital is to educate the next generation of veterinarians by providing exceptional veterinary care and service to the community every day. The Veterinary Teaching Hospital also strives to meet the goals of the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences and the University through service, outreach and education of professional veterinary medical students, residents and interns.
The Colorado State University James L. Voss Veterinary Teaching Hospital is implementing a hospital information system. StringSoft (SS) is an all-inclusive veterinary hospital software program selected to provide enhanced medical information features and to replace selected software programs and processes at VTH. Features and functionality of the new information system will include:
- Patient Registration
- Appointment Scheduling
- Procedure and Treatment Orders
- Electronic Medical Records
- Digital Imaging
- Lab interfaces
- Referral Management
- Client Portal
Initially, this position will work in partnership with the VTH StringSoft project team, CVMBS IT and vendor project managers to implement and support the hospital-wide StringSoft software program. Ongoing, this positon will be responsible for facilitating system integrations; providing user support; coordinating and delivering training program; conducting auditing and quality assurance measures (end users and system functionality); coordinating testing; trouble-shooting issues, and facilitating software program development with vendor. Other responsibilities consist of verifying EMR information including registration, medical and billing data; working with clinicians and staff to ensure all relevant information is captured and submitted; and provide backup coverage for updating client accounts and miscellaneous medical record functions.
Specifically, this position will validate imported data related to client, patient, rDVM demographics and procedure data. This positon will work with the StringSoft consultant and service area users to define new workflows and tailor the application to VTH needs. Together with IT personnel, this position will conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to validate that the product meets VTH requirements as specified in the contract. Finally, this position will provide training for both core users and end users. This includes creating training materials, revising and/or creating new SOPs and record keeping of mandatory training sign-off.
Four years (full-time equivalent) of experience working in a veterinary clinical hospital setting working with a comprehensive hospital information system (i.e. Billing, Scheduling, Medical Records, Inventory etc.) and/or Electronic Medical Records.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, university or non-correspondence school course work related to the work assignment may substitute for UP TO two years of the required experience.
If using coursework to substitute for up to two years of the required experience, you MUST attach an unofficial/official transcript.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in animal science or medical-related field.
- Experience working with StringSoft software.
- Experience using basic financial math ensuring accuracy in calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines and projects ensuring successful implementation of new computer systems, services/programs, and/or initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot systems or software using analysis and problem solving to diagnose issues, and critical thinking and creativity to determine a resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with others using clear verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to engage audience during instructional presentations and experience generating training materials and serving as a training facilitator.
- Ability to work through challenging situations in a busy and highly achieving environment.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills
Essential Job Duties
Job Duty Category StringSoft Operations Duty/Responsibility
- Lead StringSoft Operations team (formerly the project implementation team).
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software and the interface between StringSoft software and other integrated software (e.g., Cubex, Polytech).
- Track issues and develop plan for resolution.
- Coordinate testing and troubleshooting processes.
- Manage system updates.
- Facilitate efforts between StringSoft vendor and VTH personnel with ancillary software programs (i.e.…USAlims) and custom programming.
- Manage StringSoft configurations including medical record templates, treatment templates, fee estimate templates, new processes and reports.
- Support the design and build of system enhancements and vendor software development (i.e.…client portal, rDVM portal).
- Ensure Quality Assurance (QA) for the program.
Percentage Of Time 40% Job Duty Category StringSoft User Support Duty/Responsibility
- Provide timely end user assistance.
- Manage work order/issue reporting system. Review and interpret reported issues, work to resolve user concerns.
- Assign user issues to the appropriate entity (StringSoft, IT, Training, Operational); follow through with assigned tasks from this process.
- Assign mismatched medical information (i.e…lab work, images) to correct patient and date of visit.
- Maintain StringSoft issues website and other StringSoft support resources.
- Assign and edit permissions.
- Create/ inactivate user accounts.
- Assign system settings.
- Edit patient records per approved process as needed.
- Assist in developing operational guidelines (SOPs) to perform certain tasks.
Percentage Of Time 30% Job Duty Category StringSoft Training Duty/Responsibility
- Customize training material as needed.
- Contact, schedule sessions, and train individuals and groups (faculty, house officers, staff, and students).
- Lead annual student and staff StringSoft training and orientation.
- Oversee development and updates of training and reference material for users.
- Manage training records.
Percentage Of Time 20% Job Duty Category StringSoft System Auditing and Medical Records Support Duty/Responsibility
- Reviews patient accounts for accuracy and completeness of records. Duties include daily review of patient records and charges to verify for completeness and accuracy.
- Works with clinical and technical staff to enter appropriate charges.
- Correct/add charges when errors/omissions identified.
- Create procedures templates as needed for services.
- Complete medical records coding, record imports and overall documentation requirements.
Percentage Of Time 10%
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience.
- The APPLICATION is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (e.g.: Associate or Bachelor’s) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Resumes will not be accepted in place of a completed application; however, some positions may still require a resume as a component for complete application materials.
**Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s), which requires candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates’ own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
Conditions of Employment
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Essential Services Designation
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.