Associate Professor in Business
Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School
UTS is a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow. We have a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology.
The Finance Discipline Group at UTS Business School is seeking to recruit an Associate Professor to provide leadership in conducting high quality research and teaching relevant to the School’s mission of advancing knowledge with impact.
Our teaching reflects our commitment to innovation and our goal of preparing our students for a challenging and dynamic workplace. Our researchers target top tier academic journals and publish rigorous and innovative research. We have an excellent seminar series with many international visitors that contribute to the vibrant research environment. Our faculty are provided with strong research support, access to international databases and have opportunities to organize teaching in order to improve research productivity. For more information please visit our webpages at https://www.uts.edu.au/about/uts-business-school/finance.
In this role, you will:
- Develop research for publications in top quality peer reviewed journals and undertake other scholarly work
- Develop a research agenda, undertake projects and apply for competitive research grants either individually or as a member of a team
- Deliver quality teaching in the undergraduate and postgraduate programs and assist in the development of the learning environment for the assigned subjects
- Contribute to the standing of the University in the professional and broader community
As the successful applicant, you will be required to demonstrate:
- Substantial experience in conducting research projects in finance that have achieved peer-respected outcomes
- Potential to publish top tier finance publications
- Experience in supervising research students
- Substantial experience in developing and teaching finance subjects both at the undergraduate and postgraduate level
- An outstanding command of the finance literature for research and research supervision purposes as it relates to corporate finance, market microstructure, banking or asset pricing
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range :$146,412 –$ 151,165 pa (Level D)
Salary supplementation may be negotiated with the successful candidate.
This role attracts 17%superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a continuing full-time basis.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC99736, please review the Position Statement and the relevant selection criteria - click on the apply link to be taken to the relevant page. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC99736.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the Head of the Finance Discipline Group – David Michayluk at David.Michayluk@uts.edu.au or alternatively the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Please be advised that as part of the selection process that you may be requested to deliver a presentation, the audience for which may include individuals not on the Selection Panel.
Closing Date: Wednesday 4th October 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Please note: We are only accepting on-line applications for this post, however, if you have a disability that makes it difficult for you to provide us with information in this way, please contact the Recruitment Team for assistance.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.