Tracking Code 9839/I0617
Guard the Competition, Recreation, and Hot Tub pools by performing patron surveillance, enforcing safety rules, and providing appropriate supervision for the Aquatics Center. Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring a safe and fun environment in and around the pool area. All BU FitRec Aquatics staff are expected to have outstanding customer-service skills.
- Perform patron surveillance.
- Be on deck, in proper uniform, and ready to work by the start of each shift.
- Ensure safety in and around the pool areas at all times.
- Display a positive, customer-service-focused and professional image.
- Rescue swimmers who need assistance.
- Render first aid and CPR as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate certifications.
- Anticipate hazardous conditions and take precautionary measures.
- Proactively enforce all pool rules and regulations.
- Maintain the pool areas so that the areas are kept clean and safe at all times.
- Check and record pool chemicals as scheduled.
- Maintain ongoing record books for pool usage as scheduled.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for all pool users.
- Attend all mandatory trainings or staff meetings as scheduled.
- Understand and honor BU FitRec’s mission, core values, and customer service standards in and outside the Aquatics Center.
- Understand safety and emergency preparedness procedures for the Aquatics Center.
- Complete all required reports in a timely, professional manner.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Strong swimming background.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification or equivalent.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent.
- Ability to perform in-water saves, including submerged rescues in 13.5 feet of water.
- Great communication skills.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE
Interested candidates should email: email@example.com
Please note this is a temporary position with the University.
Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Temporary