Swim Instructor in BU Fitness and Recreation Center
Teach swim classes for babies, children, and adults using the BU FitRec Swim School’s course curriculum. All BU FitRec Aquatics staff are expected to have outstanding customer service skills.
- Arrive to work on time and be in uniform ready to work by the start of each shift.
- Teach classes according to the curriculum dictated by the BU FitRec Swim School.
- Be in assigned teaching stations 5 minutes before every class ready to teach.
- Wear the BU FitRec Swim School uniform at all times while teaching.
- Create a warm, friendly, and safe environment for all classes.
- Greet all students everyday as they arrive for class.
- Ensure all students present are currently registered for that class.
- Evaluate each student’s progress every class and keep record of skills they’ve accomplished on the skill sheets provided by management.
- Maintain direct and clear communication with the Swim School Supervisor about each student’s progress.
- Ensure the teaching station is appropriately stocked before each class starts.
- Assist the Swim School Supervisor with pool setups and tear downs.
- Render first aid and CPR within the scope of your training.
- Attend all mandatory trainings or staff meetings as scheduled.
- Understand and honor BU FitRec’s mission, core values, and customer service standards inside and outside of the Aquatics Center.
- Understand safety and emergency preparedness procedures for the BU FitRec Aquatics Department.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Strong experience working with kids and/or adults.
- Swimming background.
- Great communication skills.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification (preferred).
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE
Interested candidates should email email@example.com
Please note this a temporary position.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States