Professor/Reader in Sustainable Transport Including Electric and Hybrid Propulsion
Strathclyde Professor/Reader in Sustainable Transport Including Electric and Hybrid Propulsion.
Strathclyde Global Talent Programme
Be bold. Be innovative. Be a 'Strathclyder'
We are the University of Strathclyde. Our vision is bold and ground breaking, placing us amongst the world’s leading international technological universities. We are vibrant, dynamic and passionate about solving the challenges facing society and industry through our cutting-edge, multi-disciplinary research, education and knowledge-exchange with global partners.
Through our Strathclyde Global Talent Programme we will recruit up to 60 outstanding academic colleagues – including Professors / Readers - in areas of strategic importance. One area of importance is Sustainable Transport Including Electric and Hybrid Propulsion.
This multi-disciplinary research area includes research that addresses major challenges in the key areas of the development and growth of sustainable transport which will face significant technology disruption that has the potential to impact wholesale on vehicles, transportation systems, social factors, supply chains, and regulation. These radical changes require transition to sustainable transport systems for land, air and sea. This is a major research challenge, not least regarding autonomous navigation, sensor systems, drag reduction, energy efficiency, and hybrid and full electric propulsion. Further key advances in power-dense electrical systems, ship design and technology, sensing and navigation technologies, process design, and human factors which will enable this transformation.
Our Professors and Readers enjoy a range of benefits, including a generous remuneration package; notable additional financial and non-financial benefits; excellent start-up support; initially reduced teaching and management load; and regular career review, with the opportunity to receive additional remuneration in recognition of extraordinary contribution.
You will be:
- Leading independent and internationally recognised research portfolio in an area of our strategic focus;
- Providing academic leadership to ensure a step-change in performance;
- Publishing in leading international journals;
- Pursuing funding opportunities from both UK and international sources;
- Taking a lead role in ensuring teaching and learning excellence; and
- Leading on developing collaborative and productive links with national and international partners in academia, business, industry and government.
For further details and to apply to be a ‘Strathclyder in Sustainable Transport Including Electric and Hybrid Propulsion’, impress us with your bold and innovative research plan at:
Closing Date: Sunday 24 September 2017.
More jobs like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent General Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Glasgow